Adoption Visa

This visa allows the under 18 children outside Australia who have been adopted or are in the process of adoption by an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or an eligible citizen of New Zealand to live with their adoptive parents permanently in Australia. With this visa, for five years from the date of visa grant, the child is also allowed to travel to and from Australia frequently as a permanent resident.

Requirements for Adoption Visa Subclass 102:

  • At the time of lodging visa application and visa grant, the child must be outside Australia.
  • In case of grant of Adoption visa 102, the sponsor/adoptive/prospective adoptive parent must support the child and provide sufficient accommodation, support, as well as financial assistance to meet the need of the child for the initial two years in Australia and help them settle.
  • In case of adoption outside Australia, the relevant Australian state or territory central adoption authority must be involved in the process of adoption with the country where the child lives.
  • At the time of lodging application, the child must be under 18 years of age.
  • Every child is supposed to meet certain health requirements while those 16 and above years old must also fulfil the character and penal clearance requirements to remain in Australia.
  • For being a holder of an Australian Subclass 102 visa, the child must follow all the Australian laws as well as conditions imposed on their visa.

Who is eligible for sponsorship?

  • The sponsor must be either a citizen of Australia, holder of a permanent Australian resident visa or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.
  • The sponsor must be 18 years or above in age.
  • In case the sponsor or their spouse or de facto partner has an outstanding charge or conviction for an offence against a child, the sponsorship will be rejected.
  • The spouse or their de facto partner must submit an AFP National Police Check if they have spent 12 months or more living in Australia after turning 16 years old and provide police certificates for the respective countries in which they have spent 12 months or more in the past 10 years after turning 16.
  • In case the sponsor or the child access the Australian social security system, an Assurance of Support by an Australian permanent resident or citizen of Australia might be needed.

Obligations of sponsor

For being a sponsor, the adoptive/prospective adoptive parents must sign a sponsorship undertaking, according to which while the child is in Australia, the sponsor is responsible for all the financial obligations that incur upon the child to the Australian Government.

How can we help you to get the Adoption visa?

We diligently understand the importance of living together as a family and joining your loved ones in Australia. Our special efforts are directed to make the visa process simpler and easy for the applicants. Our team of experts guides you at each step of the application process.

Request A Call Back